Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Miracles


God's creation always leave me feeling breathless. So much wanders and wonders everywhere. He is perfect and creative. He created things in such a way that everything pretty much falls into place perfectly. Each day I wake, I am forever amazed at God's creativity and love for us. Miracles happen everyday. We live in an overpopulated world but how is it possible that there is enough oxygen to go around, there is never a shortage of it. How the air we breathe is perfect enough that it does not cause us to hyperventilate or get light headed when we inhale, nor is it too little that we feel the need to grasp for air. How the sky does not fall on us, how the sparkling blue sea does not swallow us. God has created the world in such a way that everything works together just for us.

The food that we eat. Oh the process it took before we actually get to eat it. Not just the process of cooking but how it arrived on the shelves of the local grocery, or how the food we ate were once planted, taken care of, watered, or how the food we ate once roamed the farm or barn and how it had to be fed and taken care of. These things did not just appear before our table.

For the past few weeks I have had the opportunity to take part in volunteer work at the local hospice. This experience has opened my eyes to how truly blessed I am. I am thankful for my eyes, though my vision may not be perfect, but I can see and marvel at all the beauty that is around me. My sense of hearing and communicating with others is another thing I am very thankful for. Some of the elderly folks that I have worked with have trouble hearing and have poor memory. I am thankful for my sore muscles that allows me to work, to walk, to become productive, many people are not so lucky, some people are paralyzed or are comatose. There are times when as I shut my eyes I recall painful memories that leave me teary eyed, but yet I am still thankful to have my memories both good and bad. Others are not so lucky and have forgotten the faces of loved ones and have forgotten who they are.

The best way to see the world is through a grateful heart, a heart filled with the same excitement as a child. To make the most of the senses that God has given us and to delight in the wonders that He has created is how I would like to live my life. It is a miracle, how no matter how stressful the day gets and we fall asleep tired and worn out but yet our heart continues to beat and our brain continues to get everything working together just to keep us alive. To say that God is amazing is an understatement, there is simply no word great enough to describe His wonderfulness, the depth of His love and His creativity. I am thankful for the beauty all around, for the daily blessings and miracles in our lives, thankful for my senses that allows me to make the most of all there is and all that I am blessed with.

Job 5:9 " He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed, miracles that cannot be counted"

3 comments:

  1. what an amazing and humbling experience you've had! and thank you for this reminder of miracles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely and inspiring post:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a blessing to be able to look at the world with other eyes. To realize how lucky we are. Thank you for this incredible post! :)

    daleian.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete